Kinds of information collected
You may provide us with personal information while working with us or applying for employment with us, providing goods or services to us or purchasing goods or services from us. You may provide us with personal information simply by expressing interest in purchasing goods or services from us. The information we collect about you depends on the situation. In general, we may collect information such as:
- your name and contact details;
- your date of birth;
- work history, experience and details of your performance;
- education, qualifications and skills;
- awards and achievements;
- professional memberships, hobbies and affiliations;
- details of referees and personal references; and
- answers you provide to questions we ask which assist us to conduct our business, including to determine whether to employ you at EOS.
How information is collected
There is a number of ways in which EOS may collect personal information. EOS may ask you to provide personal information:
- via our website;
- directly from you, when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors; from publicly available resources;
- with your consent, from third parties (where appropriate) including medical professionals and referees that you provide;
- view our careers database;
- apply for a specific job vacancy;
- request to be a supplier or contractor; or
- contact us.
Storage of personal information
EOS has security measures in place to attempt to protect against the misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure of personal information under our control. EOS presently stores all information on secure servers that are located either on site in Hume or on proximate backup hardware. In addition, personal information relating to employment applications EOS does not currently store any information overseas however if in future EOS elects to transfer personal information to someone in a foreign country, this will be done in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles. It is likely that some of the entities which provide services to EOS store information overseas.
Passive information collection on website
The kinds of information that we may collect and hold about your visits to our website include your IP address, domain name, locality, operating system, browser type, referring website, search terms, pages and links accessed, and visit date and time. We may use this information for the purpose of maintaining and improving our website and enhancing your experience browsing our website.
Cookies may be disabled if you do not wish us to collect information about your visits to EOS’ website, but some parts of the website may not function properly as a result.
Use of your personal information
EOS collects and uses personal information where necessary for our business activities, including facilitating employment, sales, dealing with customers and suppliers.
In relation to information provided by applicants for employment, we will only use applicant information in order to facilitate the recruitment process. We will not provide applicant information to any other individual, company or government body or organization whatsoever, except as part of this process or as required by law.
Disclosure of personal information
EOS will not disclose your personal information to any third parties except:
- to other companies within the EOS group, if required;
- to the extent required in order to contact referees or other people in order to confirm information you have provided (e.g. your work history and qualifications) and to perform relevant background checks;
- to third parties appointed by EOS, including our contractors, website and data hosting providers, technology service providers, accountants, lawyers and advisers (in which case EOS uses reasonable steps to ensure such third parties keep your personal information confidential).
Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you need access to personal information held by EOS (for example to update or correct it), we will provide access to that information in accordance with the Act. Where permitted by the Act, a reasonable fee may apply.
To request a correction, update or access to the personal information held by EOS about you, or to correct any personal information, please contact us using the details below.
Reporting of Notifiable Data Breaches
EOS takes reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. EOS has in place a data breach response plan intended to enable EOS to contain, assess and respond to data breaches in a timely manner, to help mitigate potential harm to individuals. Where required by the Act, EOS will notify any affected individuals or corporations, as well as the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, in respect of notifiable data breaches which occur.
Address: Electro Optic Systems, 90 Sheppard Street, Hume ACT, 2620, Australia
Telephone: +61 2 6298 8000
EOS respects the privacy of our customers, the privacy of our business contacts and the privacy of our employees.
If at any time you no longer wish to be notified by EOS, please send an email to email@example.com with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line and your name and contact details in the body of the email to advise EOS that you do not wish to be further contacted. Please allow up to five working days for your request to be processed.
This policy may change from time to time. This policy was last updated in August 2018.