When the First Round Matters
Remote Weapon Stations
The ultra-light R150 system is unique to the market. It’s full stabilized, highly accurate, designed for 5.56mm, 7.62mm and 12.7mm calibre weapons, and is suitable for both wheeled and tracked vehicles.
The reduced mass of the R150 enables it to be installed on a wider range of light tactical and logistics vehicles where the roof structure may not support the full weight of a larger RWS.
The system uses the EOS common user interface so an operator trained on the R400 can directly transition to an R150.
- Light weight, compact to facilitate mobility and maneuverability
- No below roof penetration
- 75kg gimbal and sensor unit
- All sensors (laser range finder, day and thermal cameras) housed in a single compact unit
The Mk 2 can be configured as a single or dual weapon system to operate a variety of weapons including a machine gun, a 30mm lightweight cannon and an automatic grenade launcher through to the OrbitalATK M230LF 30mm cannon. In its dual configuration it is equipped with the M230LF, 7.62mm MG (and optional missile) to provide significant and flexible lethality from a land or sea platform.
The first round hit probability is provided through an enhanced integrated ballistic solution which analyses weapon and ammunition data; range and ambient environment in addition to vehicle attitude and dynamics. Performance can be further enhanced with optional video track of targets and multi-axis stabilisation.
The advanced technology of the system combined with the lightweight 30mm ATK M230 LF cannon provides light vehicles with unprecedented access to firepower normally reserved for much heavier (armoured) vehicles.
The R400S – Mk2 is in service with the Australian Army and five other customers.
- A high precision single weapon capable of deploying 30mm firepower on a system weighing less than 400kg
- 3-axis stabiliser
- Flexible ballistic protection
- Small dispersed control modules allow integration into tight internal vehicle spaces
- Sub-milliradian accuracy
- Integrated video tracker with video and audio recording options
- Integrated firing inhibit zones with field adjustment
- All sensors housed in a single compact unit
- Full BIT with advanced logistics support
- Plug-and-play compatible with other EOS weapon systems
- Fully stabilised meteorological sensors
- Coaxial MG and missile integration
- Fourth axis stabilisation option