Culture & Values
Electro Optic Systems is an ethically based organization. Its ethos is built around dedicated, talented and diverse people with a common goal of providing high quality, reliable products and services to its customers. The company is managed according to the following principles:
- Leadership: All managers are leaders - they lead by example and encourage two way communication with their employees.
- Relationships: All employees are members of teams within the organisation, they trust each others contribution and respect each others professional capability and personal accountability.
- Innovation: To maintain a business edge, the company continually innovates.
- Reward and Recognition: Individuals and teams achieve success, and the participants are appropriately recognised and rewarded.
All employees are expected to conduct their daily work with a high level of honesty, trust, integrity, consistency and fairness.
EOS provides its staff with work/life balance. Balance between being a commercially focussed business, growth and our employee’s development; balance between ensuring that the company is profitable to its shareholders and the needs of our employees and their families. The company's core values further express our commitment to a number of areas important to our team.
- Committing to the highest practical standards of health and safety wherever we operate.
- Operating in accordance with the highest professional standards and ethical behaviour in our relationships with shareholders, customers, suppliers and employees.
- Providing value to our shareholders.
- Striving for excellence in our product solutions with the objective of delivering value to our customers.
- Fostering a culture of caring for all employees with support for individual needs from both work and family perspectives.
- Fostering a culture of compliance with statutory obligations as well as company and shareholder policies.
- Fostering an employee culture that encourages initiative, innovation and diligence.
Code of Conduct
The EOS Code of Conduct aims to:
- provide clear guidance on the company’s values and expectations while acting as a representative of EOS
- promote a common minimum standard of ethical behavior, standards and expectations across the group, all business units and locations
- offer guidance for shareholders, customers, suppliers and the wider community on our values, standards and expectations, and what it means to work for EOS
- raise employee awareness of acceptable and unacceptable behavior, and provide a means to assist in avoiding any real or perceived misconduct.
When faced with situations that are not specifically addressed in our code we ask ourselves the following questions to assist us in determining an appropriate course of action:
- Would I be proud of what I have done?
- Is it legal?
- Is it consistent with EOS values, principles and policies?
- Do I think it’s the right thing to do?
- What will the consequences be for my colleagues, EOS, our strategic partners, other parties, and me?
- Are my actions transparent, and is there anyone else who I should make aware of my actions?
- What would be the reaction of my family and friends if they were to find out?
- What would happen if my conduct was reported?
- What would be the impact if rumors started with our stakeholders or employees that EOS was engaged in this practice?
- Do my actions put anyone's health and safety at risk?
The Code of Conduct provides further detail and clarity as to what is expected, with reference to policies, standards and procedures to help guide our commitments. It is a living document describing the behaviors we expect, and what you can expect of EOS.
Equity & Diversity
Electro Optic Systems is an ethically based organisation. Its ethos is built around dedicated, talented and diverse people with a common goal of providing high quality reliable products and services both to its internal and external customers. The company is managed according to the following principles:
- Leadership: All managers are leaders - they lead by example and encourage two way communications with their employees.
- Relationships: All employees are members of teams within the organisation, they trust each others contribution and respect each others personal accountability.
- Innovation: To maintain a business edge, the company continually innovates.
- Appropriate Reward and Recognition: Individuals and teams achieve success, and the participants are appropriately recognized and rewarded.
All employees are expected to conduct their daily work with a high level of honesty, integrity, consistency and fairness.
This policy is publicly available on the Company Intranet site.
It is Electro Optic Systems' policy that all employees have available to them:
- equal and fair opportunities in recruitment, remuneration, terms and conditions, professional development, promotions, transfers and termination of employment
- a safe working environment.
Electro Optic Systems will ensure that no person or group of people will be treated less favorably than another on diversity grounds, and that all decisions will be based on merit. Employees are to be treated according to their skills, qualifications, competencies and potential.
Electro Optic Systems recognizes that within each country of operation, laws exist which govern workplace equality and diversity and is committed to complying with them. Some of these laws preclude collection of data related to employee age and cultural heritage, subsequently, the Company will not use these measures.
The Company's recruitment policy is driven by seeking out and retaining the finest candidate for all positions. Professional recruitment agencies, together with employment web based advertising are used to identify and assess candidates using this policy framework to ensure equality and diversity. Electro Optic Systems recognizes that personal security requirements (as determined by respective Governments) may make citizens of some countries ineligible for employment with the Company.
Being an international organisation diversity management benefits individuals, teams, our company as a whole and our customers. Our workforce is comprised of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. Electro Optic Systems is an inclusive organisation; we champion respect, acceptance and appreciation for all employees. Diversity is integral to our culture and how we conduct our business. It is evident in who we are and the clients which we service. Individual and group minority differences are encouraged at all levels. We recognize that the innovative and effective management of a diverse workforce will directly impact our competitive advantage and business success.
Electro Optic Systems strives to ensure gender and cultural equality and diversity among the workforce. We encourage participation through flexible workplace arrangements to allow employee work/life balance, and provide flexibility in work hours and employment cycles to cater for families.
Through the recognition of diversity we aim to ensure equality in the workplace so that it is free from all forms of discrimination, hostility, harassment and bullying. Electro Optic Systems maintains a policy of gender remuneration parity.
EOS is diverse along many dimensions. Our diversity and therefore equality encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability, thinking styles, experience and education. We believe the wide array of perspectives that results from such diversity promotes innovation and business success. Managing diversity makes us more creative, flexible, productive and competitive.
Throughout the employment relationship Electro Optic Systems offers education assistance for personal and corporate development.
Guidelines and processes are in place in each country to assist in managing complaints so that all employees may feel confident their concerns are dealt with in a confidential, professional and objective manner.
When an employee reports harassment the company will undertake a prompt investigation appropriate to the circumstances. An individual who reports an incidence that the employee, in good faith, believes to be violations of this policy, or who is involved in the investigation of harassment, will not be subject to reprisal or retaliation. EOS listens to its staff. Given that such a policy is a living document EOS addresses improvements to its policy by taking time to listen to its staff to develop better outcomes.
The Electro Optic Systems Board has established objectives to measure compliance with and achievement of equality and diversity. These objectives are reviewed and reported annually. The objectives are:
- Improve the participation of women in the workforce by measuring the percentage of female employees and the percentage of those females in management positions.
- Reduce the number of workplace harassment complaints by measuring annual occurrences and reducing these to zero.
- Improve retention of staff by measuring the percentage of employees who access flexible workplace arrangements including flexible hours and alternative work cycles.
- Encourage retention of staff by measuring the number of staff who access company education and study assistance to enhance personal and corporate development opportunities.
Safety & Wellness
Through leadership and individual commitment, EOS aims to ensure no person will suffer a serious preventable work related injury or illness. The protection of our people is paramount. At all times we will manage risk to ensure that when risks are identified or taken they are understood, accounted for, and integrated into our work practices.
We all accept responsibility to identify hazards, assess risks and take action to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for everyone.
We support and sponsor the sharing of knowledge and experience and expect that our managers will mentor and develop their team's competencies and capabilities. We implement systems to assess competence against a defined scope of responsibilities, establish mechanisms for monitoring and reviewing our people's performance, and provide access to learning and development programs for staff.
EOS’ commitment to quality means we will consistently provide products and services that meet our clients' needs. We will:
- Deliver services and products which help our clients with their business outcomes, and seek their feedback to test our success in doing this.
- Deliver on time and keep our clients and other stakeholders informed so that there are no surprises.
- Employ people to staff our projects with the appropriate skills, competence and experience.
- Value our people, involving them in improving company performance and our project delivery.
- Set measurable objectives in order to improve, paying particular attention to contract, schedule, communication, assurance and safety aspects of our service delivery.
- Encourage and provide support for continuous service delivery improvement.
- Maintain our certification to international quality standard ISO9001:2015
We are committed to maintaining, and continually improving the effectiveness of our quality system. All employees, suppliers and delivery partners are invited and expected to share in this commitment.
EOS is an ISO9001:2015 quality certified company and is subject to an annual independent audit to ensure that our processes and procedures guarantee we deliver quality products and services.